Perfect Pierogies KabobsThese kabobs are the perfect summer BBQ menu item. They are quick and easy to make and can be made using up a variety of items already in your fridge!
- 1 Dozen Perfect Pierogies
- 2 tbsp olive oil or cooking spray (divided)
- 2-3 tsp melted butter, ghee or olive oil
- 5-6 kabob sticks
- Your choice of kabob additions – for example: garlic sausage, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, onions, zucchini
- Salt & Pepper or Seasoning of Choice
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Add Perfect Pierogies to a large pot of boiling water – added with 1 tbsp of olive oil (to keep them separated). Boil for 5-10 minutes, stirring often, until Pierogies float. Drain.
- In a large bowl, add 2-3 tsp of melted butter, ghee or olive oil then add cooked Pierogies. Toss until all are fully coated.
- Fire up the Q! Heat up the barbeque to 400 degrees – HOT!
- Assemble kabobs: alternate 2 or 3 Pierogies with cooked sausage and/or veggies (see examples above). Season with salt and pepper or your favourite grill seasoning.
- Grease the grill with oil or cooking spray (there are many different types of oils in spray form now).
- Place the kabobs either onto tin foil (as shown above) or DIRECTLY onto the grill and close the lid. Let cook for 2 minutes or until they get those “drool worthy” grill markings (likely longer if done on foil). Then flip and repeat.
- Remove from grill and serve warm.
We have many more delicious recipes on our website here.