PERFECT PIEROGIES UKRAINIAN LASAGNA You don’t have to be Ukrainian to love this Lasagna! Try this delicious take on an Italian favourite. Your family will be begging for more! This is a great lunch to send kids with the next day to school (if there are any leftovers, that is!)
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 x 284 ml cans tomato soup
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- 500 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 tbsp salad oil
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 500 g dry cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 kg pkg. Potato & Cheddar Perfect Pierogies
- Brown ground beef in skillet and drain off oils.
- Sauté onion & garlic in oil in skillet, add cooked ground beef, soup, ketchup, water and seasonings. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix cottage cheese with beaten egg and sour cream.
- Chop each pierogy into four sections.
- Spoon half of the meat sauce into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan (glass pan preferably). Layer with half of the chopped pierogies. Layer with half of the cottage cheese mixture. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Repeat for a second layer. Sprinkle chopped fresh dill over top.
- Bake 1 hour at 350º F. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
For more great recipes using Perfect Pierogies, click here.